Jobs Fair (Jobs For Every Juan)
July 25 & 26, 2018
Ever Gotesco Commonwealth Jobfair (10AM – 6PM)
Makati Mega Jobfair 2018 (PESO Makati)
June 7, 2018
Glorietta Activity Center, Makati City
Jobs Fair – Trabaho For Every Juan
May 21 & 22, 2018
Trinoma Activity Center
Megamall Jobfair – Trabaho sa Bawat Filipino (Island Exhibit)
April 18 & 19, 2018
Mega Trade Hall, SM Megamall
ADMIT or DENY? Leave your answers on the comments section below.
How to Answer Common Interview Questions:
In this series of posts, we will talk about how to reply to common interview questions. We will feature one (or two) questions per post and offer valuable tips to help you get that job. Feel free to send us questions you want answers in the comment section below.
Today, we will answer the question: “Where do you see yourself five years from now?”
Hiring managers will always throw this question in an interview, and sometimes jobseekers find it difficult to answer because no one can envision what will happen 1,825 days from now. What the hiring manager really wants to find out with this question is:
Could I expect this person to stay with the company for a long time?
Here are a few tips from Mr. Paul Sandoval, a recruitment professional for more than ten years, on how to accurately answer this tricky question and get the job.
- Tell the interviewer about your long term career goal- it has to be clear and realistic. Interviewers hear the responses to this question every day, so they will definitely know if your answer is good, well-rehearsed or not true.
- Explain how the job you’re applying for is in line with your career goals. The interviewer wants to know how interested are you in getting the job, and that you are willing to learn and grow in their organization.
- If you want to step up to a management role, explain your plans and how will intend to get there. Talk about how this job will help and prepare you in getting that promotion. You can discuss about the daily tasks, seminars and trainings offered by the company, which can be very helpful to your advancement.
- Tell the interviewer that career advancement is very important to you, that you are excited to be an expert in the position you are applying for, and that you are looking forward to sharing what you know by, coaching other employees, and taking on more responsibilities after five years.
“My career goal is to work in an organization where I’ll have daily challenges and opportunities to develop my skills as a software developer. I want the responsibility of taking on interesting IT projects and collaborating with people that can truly help me learn.”
“Although my real focus is to be the best sales executive of a reputable company, I would very much like to be promoted into a sales supervisory or management position in five years. I enjoy supporting my team members, train sales executives to become achievers, and to bring more clients to the company.”
- I don’t have a plan/ I don’t know.
- If you are applying for a sales job, don’t answer that you want to be a full time highschool teacher someday.
- I see myself working in this company.
- I want to be successful someday.
- I want your job some day.
- I want to be the CEO of this company, with a salary of 1M pesos and a company car.
- As high as I can go.
- I want to own my own company someday.
If you want to be a business man, wants to travel a lot, transfer to another city or change of career someday, keep them to yourself for now. Remember, you are being interviewed to know if you can help the company grow, excel, solve problems and become an asset. Your answer to this question will determine if you will get the job, or you will apply for another one.