Bullies in the workplace come in different shapes and sizes. You’ve probably dealt with the most common ones who are aggressive and intimidating. However, there are also bullies that are very passive and quiet, while others take it to the extreme – acting good and pretending to be your friend and then stab you at the back when you least expect it.
Workplace bullies in the Philippines aren’t as talked about but they exist. In fact, most employees in the country may not even be aware that they are already being bullied because they think it’s just part of the office culture or worst, part of their jobs.
Are you being bullied by an officemate? If you tick all the boxes below, then you most certainly are:
- Gives you wrong information/data
- Excludes you in important meetings/conversations/events
- Makes fun of your work
- Makes fun of you as a person (including your gender, sexuality, race or culture)
- Tampers with your belongings, lurks around your desk
- Talks behind your back
- Ignores your comments and suggestions
- Spreads malicious gossips about you
- Embarrasses or shames you in public
- Blames you for their own mistakes or faults
- Steals credit for your work
- Threats about your job security without any basis
Their ultimate goal: To put you down, and build themselves up. If you think you think you are being bullied by an officemate, then it’s time for you to fight! Watch out for our next article because we will be giving you tips on how to deal with bullies in the workplace.