Admit it, spending most of our time in the office is definitely a surefire way to pack some excess pounds. If you feel that your office job is giving you extra fat on your bellies and making you feel heavy, chances are, you’re right! So how do you lose those ugly flabs? Follow these helpful habits:
1. Prepare Your Lunch – Restaurants and fast-food chains often serve large portions and high calorie meals. You can eat healthy and save money if you pack your own lunch.
2. Drink Lots of Water – Water keeps your mind off soda and coffee. It may also help you fight off food cravings in the afternoon, because water keeps you full.
3. Always Have a Fruit on Your Desk – Instead of eating chips, cookies and donuts when you are hungry, eat fruits like apples and bananas.
4. Avoid Sugary Food and Candies – They taste good, but they don’t satisfy your hunger and are not digested quickly so they stay where you don’t want them to be – inside your body!
5. Stand As Much As Possible – Standing, compared to sitting, is better because it is good for your back and burns more calories. Try talking to someone over the phone or using your computer while standing, you will feel better after an hour.
6. Take The Stairs – Skip the elevator and take the stairs every morning. This is a good cardio and leg workout, that will keep you all pumped up to face the day.
7. 8 Hours of Sleep – Getting enough sleep will prevent coffee cravings in the morning plus you will look fresh and radiant the whole day.
8. Do Not Email – If your officemate is just a few steps away, walk to his/her desk to ask something, instead of sending an email. You will enjoy having a quick chat and at the same time you will get to move around a bit more. Use every possible opportunity to burn calories.
9. Park to Walk – Choose a parking spot furthest away from the office. This will force you to add extra steps throughout the day.
10. Inspirational Quote/Photo – Put on a health and wellness quote or an inspirational photo on your desk to remind you of your fitness goals.
There you go! Stick to these tips and you won’t have any problem burning those calories and keeping fat at bay. Got more tips? We’d love to hear about them. Use the comment section below to share us your own fitness tips!