Most people assume that being in a relationship is better than being single. Sure it would be nice to have someone ready to make you feel better about yourself, but let’s be honest, the things you can do when you’re in relationship is often limited to what your partner wants you both to do. Relationships can become so inconvenient especially if you’re with the wrong person. Being single might mean spending more time alone, but it definitely has its own perks you’ll find that are not so bad at all. Continue reading “Single and Loving It: 9 Things Only Singles Enjoy”
Admit it, spending most of our time in the office is definitely a surefire way to pack some excess pounds. If you feel that your office job is giving you extra fat on your bellies and making you feel heavy, chances are, you’re right! So how do you lose those ugly flabs? Follow these helpful habits:
1. Prepare Your Lunch – Restaurants and fast-food chains often serve large portions and high calorie meals. You can eat healthy and save money if you pack your own lunch.
2. Drink Lots of Water – Water keeps your mind off soda and coffee. It may also help you fight off food cravings in the afternoon, because water keeps you full.
3. Always Have a Fruit on Your Desk – Instead of eating chips, cookies and donuts when you are hungry, eat fruits like apples and bananas.
4. Avoid Sugary Food and Candies – They taste good, but they don’t satisfy your hunger and are not digested quickly so they stay where you don’t want them to be – inside your body!
5. Stand As Much As Possible – Standing, compared to sitting, is better because it is good for your back and burns more calories. Try talking to someone over the phone or using your computer while standing, you will feel better after an hour.
6. Take The Stairs – Skip the elevator and take the stairs every morning. This is a good cardio and leg workout, that will keep you all pumped up to face the day.
7. 8 Hours of Sleep – Getting enough sleep will prevent coffee cravings in the morning plus you will look fresh and radiant the whole day.
8. Do Not Email – If your officemate is just a few steps away, walk to his/her desk to ask something, instead of sending an email. You will enjoy having a quick chat and at the same time you will get to move around a bit more. Use every possible opportunity to burn calories.
9. Park to Walk – Choose a parking spot furthest away from the office. This will force you to add extra steps throughout the day.
10. Inspirational Quote/Photo – Put on a health and wellness quote or an inspirational photo on your desk to remind you of your fitness goals.
There you go! Stick to these tips and you won’t have any problem burning those calories and keeping fat at bay. Got more tips? We’d love to hear about them. Use the comment section below to share us your own fitness tips!
Bullies in the workplace come in different shapes and sizes. You’ve probably dealt with the most common ones who are aggressive and intimidating. However, there are also bullies that are very passive and quiet, while others take it to the extreme – acting good and pretending to be your friend and then stab you at the back when you least expect it.
Workplace bullies in the Philippines aren’t as talked about but they exist. In fact, most employees in the country may not even be aware that they are already being bullied because they think it’s just part of the office culture or worst, part of their jobs.
Are you being bullied by an officemate? If you tick all the boxes below, then you most certainly are:
- Gives you wrong information/data
- Excludes you in important meetings/conversations/events
- Makes fun of your work
- Makes fun of you as a person (including your gender, sexuality, race or culture)
- Tampers with your belongings, lurks around your desk
- Talks behind your back
- Ignores your comments and suggestions
- Spreads malicious gossips about you
- Embarrasses or shames you in public
- Blames you for their own mistakes or faults
- Steals credit for your work
- Threats about your job security without any basis
Their ultimate goal: To put you down, and build themselves up. If you think you think you are being bullied by an officemate, then it’s time for you to fight! Watch out for our next article because we will be giving you tips on how to deal with bullies in the workplace.